Weekly Programs for Kids and Teens
FALL SCHEDULE (Begins Sept. 1)
- LEGOS and Beads, 4 p.m.
- Story Time, 10 a.m. Crafts to follow.
- After-School Movie, 3:30 p.m. (Please check calendar for details)
- Story Time, 1:30 p.m. Crafts to follow.
- Zentangle, 3:30 p.m., first Thursday of month
- Collage Making, 3:30 p.m., second Thursday
- Teen Book Group, 4 p.m., third Thursday
- Rock-Paper-Scissors Club, 3;30 p.m., fourth Thursday
- Wii U, 3:30 p.m.
Note: On early school dismissal days (Sept. 30, Nov. 12 and Dec, 8), after-school programs begin earlier.
- Pokémon Party, Sept. 25, 4-5 p.m.
- Library After Dark Games, Oct. 16, 5-8 p.m.
- Halloween Party, Oct. 29, 3:30 p.m.
Check our calendar for specific dates and activities.
Programs and Special Events for Adults
- Preserving Tomatoes and Salsas Workshop: Sept. 19, 12:30-2:30 p.m. Led by Jenny Wehmeier, of Walworth County UW-Extension. Learn about local tomato and pepper varieties, and prepare fresh salsas. Participants need to bring a cutting board, knife and apron. Limited to 16, so please register early.
- By email: put Salsa workshop in subject field and send your name, address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or click here to download registration form, and mail form to or drop off at library. Forms also available at library desk.
ONGOING PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
Saturday Morning Book Group: Meets second Saturday of the month, 10 a.m. Read and discuss a new book each month
- Sept. 12: “A Spool of Blue Thread” Anne Tyler
- Oct. 10: “Mrs. Poe” by Lynn Cullen.
- ‘What Are Teen’s Reading?’ Book Group: Meets third Monday of the month, 7 p.m. This group is for parents to read and review teen books. Stop at the library to pick from a great selection of YA (young adult) books.
- Scrabble Club: Wednesdays 10 a.m.-noon.
- Knitting Circle: Wednesdays 1-3 p.m. All skill levels welcome. Please bring a project to work on.