Weekly Programs for Kids and Teens
Click on Summer 2016 Programs above, for more detailed information.
Legos and Beads: Mondays (through August 22), 1:30-3 p.m. Ages 7 and older.
Story Time: Tuesdays (through August 2),10 a.m. Crafts to follow. Two age groups, 2-5 and 6-9.
Books by the Beach: New this summer! Tuesdays, 10 a.m., August 9, 16 and 23. Hear stories at the playground at Edgewater Park.
Wii and Xbox Games: Wednesdays (through August 24), 1:30-3 p.m.
Summer Storywagon: Thursdays, 1:30 p.m.
- July 28: Kay Elmsley Weeden - storyteller
Movie Matinee: Thursdays (August 4, 11, 18 and 25), 1:30 p.m. A movie and popcorn - what could be better?!
Rock-Paper-Scissors Club: Thursdays (through August 4), 3 p.m. Ages 8 and older. Craft projects guaranteed to unlock your imagination!
Teen Reads Book Group: Thursday, August 11, 11 a.m. Ages 12-16. An open book group - whatever you read, we want to hear about it! Join us for discussion of various books.
Stay tuned for summer programming updates!
Programs and Special Events for Adults
Tie Dye Party: Thursday, August 11, 3-5 p.m. Bring your own shirt, socks or pillowcase. No towels, please. One item per person. All ages welcome.
ONGOING PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Saturday Morning Book Group: Meets second Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. Read and discuss a new book each month
- August 13: "Did You Ever Have a Family?" by Bill Clegg
- September 10: The Kitchen House" by Kathleen Grissom
- October 8: "The Secret Chord" by Geraldine Brooks
- November 12: "Dinner With Edward" by Isabel Vincent
- Investors Discussion Group: Wednesday, July 27, 6 p.m. All ages welcome. No investment knowledge necessary.
- ‘What Are Teens Reading?’ Book Group: Meets third Monday of the month, 7 p.m. This group is for parents to read and review teen books. Stop at the library to pick from a great selection of YA (young adult) books.
- Scrabble Club: Wednesdays 10 a.m.-noon.
- Knitting Circle: Wednesdays 1-3 p.m. All skill levels welcome. Please bring a project to work on.