Weekly Programs for Kids and Teens
Click on Summer 2016 Programs above, for more detailed information.
Legos and Beads: Mondays (June 13-August 22), 1:30-3 p.m. Ages 7 and older.
Story Time: Tuesdays (June 14-August 2),10 a.m. Crafts to follow. Two age groups, 2-5 and 6-9.
Wii and Xbox Games: Wednesdays (June 15-August 24), 1:30-3 p.m.
Summer Storywagon: Thursdays, 1:30 p.m.
- June 23: Chris Fascione (shown at right) - storyteller and juggler
- June 30: Scott Obermann - magician
- July 14: Science Alliance - reptiles and amphibians
- July 21: Jack and Kitty - musical duo
- July 28: Kay Elmsley Weeden - storyteller
Movie Matinee: Thursdays (June 16, July 7, August 4, 11, 18 and 25), 1:30 p.m. A movie and popcorn - what could be better?!
Rock-Paper-Scissors Club: Thursdays (June 16-August 4), 3 p.m. Ages 8 and older. Craft projects guaranteed to unlock your imagination!
Teen Reads Book Group: Thursdays (June 16, July 14 and August 11), 11 a.m. Ages 12-16. An open book group - whatever you read, we want to hear about it! Join us for discussion of various books.
Stay tuned for summer programming updates!
Programs and Special Events for Adults
Silent Auction and Book Sale
Sponsored by the Friends of Barrett Library
Friday, July 1: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the library
Saturday, July 2: 8 a.m.-Noon at Edgewater Park on the lakefront and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at the library
Bidding on Silent Auction baskets closes at Noon at the lakefront.
ONGOING PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Saturday Morning Book Group: Meets second Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. Read and discuss a new book each month
- June 11: "Gypsy Girl" by Rosie McKinley
- July 9: "Ireland's Pirate Queen" by Anne Chambers
- Investors Discussion Group: Wednesday, July 22, 6 p.m. All ages welcome. No investment knowledge necessary.
- ‘What Are Teens Reading?’ Book Group: Meets third Monday of the month, 7 p.m. This group is for parents to read and review teen books. Stop at the library to pick from a great selection of YA (young adult) books.
- Scrabble Club: Wednesdays 10 a.m.-noon.
- Knitting Circle: Wednesdays 1-3 p.m. All skill levels welcome. Please bring a project to work on.