Weekly Programs for Kids and Teens
Fall 2016 Programs
Story Time: Tuesdays, 10 a.m., and Thursdays, 1:30 p.m. Craft to follow.
Preschool Play Group: Fridays, 9:30 a.m.
TV Marathon Monday: Mondays, 3:30 p.m. (age 9 and older)
Wii Play: Tuesdays and Fridays, 3:30 p.m. (9 and older)
LEGOs and Beads: Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m. (9 and older)
Try It Once Club: First Thursday of month, 3:30 p.m. (9 and older)
"Boys Don't Knit" Knitting Circle: Second Thursday of the month. Listen to story on audiobook and, perhaps, try your luck at knitting. (13 and older)
Teen Book Club: Third Thursday of the month, 4 p.m. (12 and older)
Teen Advisory Board: Fourth Thursday of the month, 4 p.m.
Teen Sherlockian Extravaganza!
Sponsored by Barrett Memorial Library
and Aram Public Library, Delavan
- Book Discussion -"A Study in Charlotte" by Brittany Cavallaro: Wednesday, September 21, 4 p.m. Meet at Panera in Delavan. Join Ms. Katerine (Aram Public) and Ms. Emily (Barrett Memorial) at Panera to discuss the fantastic "A Study in Charlotte" before our author visit on Friday, September 30. The book is the first in a new trilogy about a brilliant new crime-solving duo -- the teen descendants of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson.
- Mystery in the Mind Palace: Costumed Tea Party: Sunday, September 25, 2-4 p.m. At Barrett. The game is afoot at Barrett Memorial Library! Join fellow detectives for myster, intrigue ... and refreshments! One does want to stay hydrated while solving crimes, of course. Cosplay is encouraged, so be sure to don your finest attire.
- Pizza and a Movie: "Young Sherlock Holmes" (PG-13): Tuesday, September 27, 4 p.m. Both Barrett and Aram libraries will be showing "Young Sherlock Holmes" and serving pizza. FREE. PIZZA. Registration is required at both libraries. Call or stop by to reserve your spot ... and your slice!
- Sherlock Night and Author Visit with Brittany Cavallaro: Friday, September 30, 6-8 p.m. At Aram. Solve a mystery -- and meet an author! You are formally invited to a special after-hours evening of mystery. First, you'll need to use your finely honed detective skills to solve a series of clues and riddles. Do you have what it takes to crack the case? Then, get the inside scoop about "A Study in Charlotte" and overall author awesomeness from our special guest, author Brittany Cavallaro! Cosplay is encouraged, so -- once again -- be sure to don your finest attire.
Plus: Watch for trivia and contests during the week of September 25.
You might just win a super sweet prize!
Programs and Special Events for Adults
ONGOING PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
Saturday Morning Book Group: Meets second Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. Read and discuss a new book each month
- September 10: The Kitchen House" by Kathleen Grisso
- October 8: "The Secret Chord" by Geraldine Brooks
- November 12: "Dinner With Edward" by Isabel Vincent
- December 10: "In the Heart of the Canyon" by Elizabeth Hyde
‘What Are Teens Reading?’ Book Group: Meets third Monday of the month, 7 p.m. This group is for parents to read and review teen books. Stop at the library to pick from a great selection of YA (young adult) books.
Scrabble Club: Wednesdays 10 a.m.-noon.
Knitting Circle: Wednesdays 1-3 p.m. All skill levels welcome. Please bring a project to work on.