Contactless curbside pickup
The library is offering curbside pickup, beginning April 27. Per the Governor's Safer at Home order, curbside pickup is allowed, but with certain limitations. Because of these limitations, it will take some time to meet demand. We thank you for your patience as we move forward with this process.
On Saturday, April 25, we will begin contacting patrons who already have items on our holds shelf. Beginning on Wednesday, April 29, we will begin taking calls to place new holds.
- No patron/library staff face-to-face interaction.
- At this time all requests must be placed with us over the telephone or by email.
- We are not receiving delivery from other libraries so hold requests will only be taken for items found in the Barrett Memorial Library.
- Curbside pickup will be weather dependent; if we experience inclement weather, we will not place items outside.
Pickup times will be given to you over the phone when your holds are ready (usually, next day). If you miss your scheduled pick up time/day, please contact the library as soon as possible. Otherwise your items may be removed from your account and returned to the shelf.
Hours of Service:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
NOTE: If you have a fever or are not feeling well, please do not come to the library to pick up your holds. Contact us at (262)245-2709 to let us know you cannot make it.
These procedures must be followed when picking up your materials:
- When you arrive, please be alert to other patrons. Wait until the patio area is clear before approaching.
- A staff person will be inside the library, seen through the window behind the table, to check your library card/ID. Show your card through the window, and they will give you a thumbs up or okay sign to let you know you may pick up your items.
- Pick up your item(s) in the bag marked with your last name and return to your vehicle or move away from the building. Do not go through your items at the table.
- For safety's sake, there is to be no loitering or congregating in front of the library, If this occurs, our Curbside Service will be discontinued.
If you no longer want your held items, please call so we can remove them from your account.
Beginning April 27, Barrett Memorial Library will also begin to accept the return of materials on a limited basis. Returns will be accepted ONLY in a designated bin or book cart near the front door. Staff will not accept in-person returns. Please do not return more than 10 items per day! We have to allow a quarantine period of at least 72 hours before staff can handle and process materials. Our book drop will continue to be taped closed.
Similar procedures apply:
- Do not approach the return bin/cart if another patron is picking up or returning items.
- Place no more than 10 items inside the marked bin/cart for media or books and move away as quickly as possible.
The building will remain closed to the public until further notice, and book donations will NOT be accepted.